How to Create a Personal Collection
Note: It may be helpful to print these instructions for reference while creating the collection.
- After becoming a MERLOT member, click on the link on the MERLOT homepage entitled Create a personal collection.
- Enter a Title for the Personal Collection and a brief Description of the collection.
- Enter additional information if desired (optional).
- Click on the button labeled Submit.
- Now that the collection has been created, browse or search the MERLOT collection and locate a desired resource.
- Click on the Title link of the resource.
- In the section entitled Add to a personal collection, select your desired personal collection from the dropdown list.
- Click on Add.
- Continue with this process and create collections for all desired categories of materials. For example, you might create collections for Developmental Math, Precalculus, Calculus, Liberal Arts Math, Probability and Statistics, etc.
- You may then edit these collections and annotate selected resources as desired. Some examples for annotations are:
- describe how you use a resource in your teaching (classroom demo, lab assignment, homework, etc.)
- describe when and where in the curriculum that you use this resource
- describe how this resource is pedagogically effective
- describe how your students have responded to the use of the resource